A&A Furnishers sells a range of LED TVs. If you are unable to find what you are looking for online, please don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance. We are also happy to recommend a TV installer in Cape Town and surrounding areas for your new setup. We have been working with some of our preferred installers for over 20 years, and will recommend only the most reliable and professional contractors.
Please note that a valid TV licence is required when making a TV purchase. For online purchases, the ID number of the TV licence holder will be requested at the checkout page for TV license validation. Alternatively, a registration number will be requested if a business is the purchaser.
When purchasing a television, technical jargon can often be confusing and there can be a lot of information to take in. Below is a brief explanation of today’s most popular TV technologies, but if the information is ‘as clear as dishwater’, please don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance!
● HD Ready – HD Ready TV displays are capable of producing a resolution of up to 1280×720 pixels (i.e. 1280 horizontal lines by 720 vertical lines or ‘dots’ on the screen – the ‘dots’ make up the image).
● Full HD – Full HD TV displays are capable of producing a resolution of up to 1920×1080 pixels.
● UHD (4k) – An ultra-high-definition TV boasts screen resolutions in the order of 3840×2160 pixels. Compared with Full HD, it has an even greater spectrum and a more accurate reproduction of colour.
● QLED -Quantum Dot LED TVs tweak the standard LED TV design with the introduction of a layer between the display and backlight. This layer contains nanocrystals that can absorb light and re-emit at different and more accurate spectral frequencies. Consequently, a more precise and wider colour range is achievable.
● OLED – Organic light-emitting diode TVs generate and illuminate pictures for each screen pixel and don’t require an extra lighting source (as in typical LED TVs). OLED TVs consume less energy, show a deeper richness in contrasts (particularly in darker scenes), and are typically thinner in design.
● SMART – Smart TVs are digital televisions that are internet-compatible, have storage capabilities, and are able to run applications. Among other functions, these adaptations allow viewers to access video streaming content from the Internet.